UFC Suggesting Fighters and Coaches Purchase Fight Pass Instead of Sending Them Fight Tapes.
We all know UFC is on the hunt for economy. After the UEM-ING’s 4 billion dollar purchase of the promotion from the Fertita brothers things have been a bit tight to say the least. We’ve seen a myriad of “big money” fights and interim titles to garner interest in the casual fan. However there are some amenities a professional sports organization must provide, and tape of their rival individual/ team is one of them.
In a recent twitter post Brandon Gibson (coach at JacksonWinkMMA) let the social media community know that the UFC will no longer be providing coaches and fighters with fight tape and want fight team to purchase UFC fight pass instead.
I just got an email from the UFC saying that fight tape will no longer be available to coaches and fighters and I need to use Fight Pass.
Brandon Gibson (@SixGunGibson) February 14, 2017
While we all love UFC fight pass, professionals who are in the sport need tape to properly prepare their fighters. Tape provides things like slow motion, the ease of rewind, and other tools fight camps need to adequately study the competition. Now coaches will either have to DVR and edit or hire someone to do it for them.
The UFC use to provide zip drive links to download which lead Brandon Gibson and the Jackson Wink fight team to 3 of the top 10 knockouts of 2016, so we’d like to think they know what they’re talking about.
The question you have to ask yourself is do the ends justify the means? Do a couple of thousand dollars justify making it harder for coaches to prepare their fighters for quality fights? You would think as a business the UFC would want to put out the highest quality product for the least amount of give. The most return for your invest. If you’re viewing it from that sense then this latest move is a real head scratcher. Is the promotion really bleeding that bad?
Hit us up in the comments section below on your views of the latest UFC changes. Should the fighters and coaches just get over it or is this just a little ridiculous.
More MMA News
- Now That We Know Derrick Lewis Is The Real Deal, Does He Beat The Creme De La Creme In The UFC? - 15 hours, 1 mins ago 11
- He’s Baccckkkk!!! GSP Officially Re-signs With The UFC. - 4 days ago 28
- Phillipe Nover Retires From Mixed Martial Arts After UFC 208 - 4 days ago 21
- Holly Holm Officially Files Appeal To UFC 208 Decision - 5 days ago 27
- Holly Holms Officially Files Appeal To UFC 208 Decision - 5 days ago 25
- UFC Suggesting Fighters and Coaches Purchase Fight Pass Instead of Sending Fight Tapes - 6 days ago 30
- UFC Suggesting Fighters and Coaches Purchase Fight Pass Instead of Sending Them Fight Tapes. - 6 days ago 26
- The Technique Thief: The Move Holly Holm Should Steal From Dominick Cruz - 7 days ago 25
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Jessica Andrade Official For UFC 211 - 8 days ago 27
- Fallout: UFC 208 AKA The Brooklyn Screw Job - 8 days ago 39
- Does Anderson Silva Have Anything Left In The Tank? - 12 days ago 42
- Yoel Romero Pulls A Funny And Trolls Bisping With GoFundMe Page - 13 days ago 39
- Throwback: Georges St-Pierre Trains With Muay Thai Legend John Wayne Parr - 13 days ago 45
- Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos 2 Set For UFC 211 - 14 days ago 49
- Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Anjos 2 Set For UFC 211 - 14 days ago 50
- “Mayhem” Miller Exonerated Of Domestic Abuse Charges - 15 days ago 52
- UFC Fight Night 104 Primer: The Korean Zombie Wreaking Havoc - 19 days ago 56
- Even If It Does Happen, Just What The Hell Can Conor McGregor Do To Beat Floyd Mayweather? - 20 days ago 52
- This Is Why Amanda Nunes Will Beat Valetina Shevchenko…Again - 21 days ago 64
- Fallout: Risk Versus Reward For Shevchenko And Cerrone In Denver - 22 days ago 72
- Bischoff Wasnt Surprised By Lesnars Retirement - 6 days ago 133
- Schiavone Thinks He Got Blacklisted From WWE - 5 days ago 115
- Poffo on Why Andre and Savage Didnt Get Along - 6 days ago 113
- Jarrett TNAs Last Year Was Black Eye On Industry - 3 days ago 109
- Vader Sends Out Ominous Tweet About His Health - 6 days ago 109
- Kurt Angle To Do Some Wrestling For WWE - 5 days ago 107
- Waltman Cena Insisted on Putting Over Wyatt - 5 days ago 104
- WWE Was Not Okay With The Rock Calling CM Punk After RAW - 16 hours, 11 mins ago 90
- Wrestlers React To Ivan Koloffs Passing - 3 days ago 88
- TNA Offers Contract to Magnus for Return - 3 days ago 87
- Nicole Bass Reportedly Passes Away - 5 days ago 82
- Legend Ivan Koloff Passes Away at 74 - 3 days ago 81
Most Popular All Time
- BREAKING NEWS: 2015 Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards - > 1 year ago 6,740
- WRESTLEMANIA 31: DirecTV not offering WrestleMania 31 on pay-per-view - > 1 year ago 4,645
- LUCHA/MAJOR LEAD STORY: Perro Aguayo Jr. dies in ring Friday night (Lucha World) - > 1 year ago 3,947
- LUCHA/MAJOR BREAKING NEWS: Perro Aguayo Jr. dies in ring Friday night - > 1 year ago 3,934
- High Volume Pro Wrestling returns to Kinston, NC on January 23 with Steve Corino, CW Anderson, Ricky Morton - > 1 year ago 3,463
- Backstage News - A Possible Heel Turn For Dean Ambrose?, Details Inside Here - > 1 year ago 3,456
- A New Extremely Sad Photo Of Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan With Roddy Piper Surfaces Online - > 1 year ago 3,231
- Breaking Updates: Jeff Hardy Suffers Serious Injury At Last Night's TNA iMPACT! Tapings - Video Inside - > 1 year ago 2,903
- WWE/THE BELLA TWINS: Bella Twins 9-page spread on Muscle & Fitness Hers magazine - > 1 year ago 2,741
- WRESTLEMANIA 31: DISH not offering WrestleMania 31 on pay-per-view...yet - > 1 year ago 2,651
- Backstage News On Why Jerry Lawler Was Moved To The WWE SmackDown Announce Team - > 1 year ago 2,628
- Local South Jersey wrestling fan Kevin Hogan killed in truck accident this morning - 19 days ago 2,618