The lineup is set for the UFC’s return to its Las Vegas home base next month with an interim title at the top of the bill.
UFC 216 features a dozen fights on Oct. 7 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FXX and UFC Fight Pass.In the main event, Tony Ferguson (23-3 MMA, 13-1 UFC) takes on Kevin Lee (16-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC) for an interim lightweight title. The winner is expected to stay in line for a fight against current champ Conor McGregor.In the co-headliner, Derrick Lewis (18-5 MMA, 9-3 UFC) takes on former heavyweight champ Fabricio Werdum (21-7-1 MMA, 9-4 UFC). Also on the main card, Jessica Eye (11-6 MMA, 1-5 UFC) moves down from bantamweight and Paige VanZant (7-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) moves up from strawweight to meet in the UFC’s new women’s flyweight division. Mark Godbeer (12-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) takes on Walt Harris (9-5 MMA, 2-4 UFC) at heavyweight, and to open the main card, Beneil Dariush (14-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) meets Evan Dunham (18-6 MMA, 11-6 UFC) at lightweight.The featured preliminary-card bout on FXX is at lightweight between Will Brooks (18-3 MMA, 1-2 UFC) and Nik Lentz (27-8-2 MMA, 11-5-1 UFC), and the featured bout on UFC Fight Pass is at flyweight between Magomed Bibulatov (14-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and former title challenger John Moraga (17-6 MMA, 6-5 UFC).
The complete UFC 216 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee
- Derrick Lewis vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Jessica Eye vs. Paige VanZant
- Mark Godbeer vs. Walt Harris
- Beneil Dariush vs. Evan Dunham
PRELIMINARY CARD (FXX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Will Brooks vs. Nik Lentz Tom Duquesnoy vs. Cody StamannPoliana Botelho vs. Pearl GonzalezBobby Green vs. Lando Vannata
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Magomed Bibulatov vs. John Moraga Thales Leites vs. Brad TavaresMarco Beltran vs. Matt Schnell