A contest between a pair of international flyweight prospects is the latest addition to next month’s UFC Fight Night 117 in Japan.UFC officials recently announced that Japan’s Naoki Inoue (11-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and the Philippines’ Jenel Lausa (7-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) has been added to the event, which takes place Sept. 23 at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, but airs one day earlier in the U.S. due to the time delay. The night’s main card airs on FXX, though the full bout order has yet to be revealed.
Inoue, 20, made his promotional debut at June’s UFC Fight Night 117 event in Singapore, scoring a hard-fought decision win over then-undefeated prospect Carls John de Tomas. Inoue remained unbeaten since turning pro in February 2015, a run that includes seven wins by submission including four armbars and three rear-naked chokes.
Meanwhile, Lausa, 29, made his UFC debut in November 2016 with a decision win over Yao Zhikui. However, he returned to action in April and saw a five-fight winning streak snapped after suffering a decision loss to Magomed Bibulatov at UFC 210.
With the addition to the card, UFC Fight Night 117 now includes:
- Mauricio Rua vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Jessica Andrade vs. Claudia Gadelha
- Henrique da Silva vs. Gokhan Saki
- Rolando Dy vs. Teruto Ishihara
- Mizuto Hirota vs. Charles Rosa
- Alex Morono vs. Keita Nakamura
- Jussier Formiga vs. Ulka Sasaki
- Chan-Mi Jeon vs. Syuri Kondo
- Daichi Abe vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
- Shinsho Anzai vs. Luke Jumeau
- Takanori Gomi vs. “Maestro” Dong Hyun Kim
- Naoki Inoue vs. Jenel Lausa