Holly Holm Officially Files Appeal To UFC 208 Decision
Not going down without a fight.
This saturday’s loss at UFC 208 was particularly bitter for Holly Holm. Not because it was her third loss in as many fights, not because she missed an opportunity to win the first ever women’s featherweight title, and not because of all the damage she took. No, what made this fight particularly bitter were the shots landed after the bell and the points that weren’t taken for it.
In the main event of last saturday night’s card in the Barclay’s center, Germaine de Randamie landed 2 shots after the bell in round 2 and a couple more in round 3; in both cases no points were deducted. To be honest with you I couldn’t believe my ears when after the second incident in round 3 the referee (Rob Anderson) said “Ok, that’s a warning”. I thought to myself, well then what was the first one?
In my opinion points should’ve been taken off BOTH times as the shots landed after the bell were brutal. Well it seems the preacher’s daughter shares the same sentiment as she and her law team ( Paul Bardacke and Breanna Houghton) are filing a grievance with the New York State Athletic Commission.
We respectfully request the commission review referee Andersons failure to assess a foul and render a decision regarding a point deduction following Round 2, and failure to assess a foul and a point deduction following Round 3, and determine an appropriate result, – The complaint stated
It was blatant, Holms agent Lenny Fresquez said. Very blatant.
It’s rumored that Randamie has already agreed to the rematch via twitter page, but we can’t seem to find evidence of that on her page.
At the end of the day a referee’s job is to control the action, this means putting himself in position to stop the action at the end of the round. The question is did Anderson do that as well as appropriately responding to the actions that occurred as a result.
In my opinion Anderson’s reffing was abysmal. Besides the points there was multiple times he stopped the action against the cage when both fighters were still working. There’s a difference between stalling the action and a tactical chess match. As a ref you should know this.
You can read the full legal document here.
What do you think of Holly Holm’s appeal request, will she get a reversal on the decision or does she have the same chances as a snowball in hell?
Lionel Harris-Spence is a writer, filmmaker, and functioning alcoholic. You can catch him screaming obscenities at flat screens.
More MMA News
- Now That We Know Derrick Lewis Is The Real Deal, Does He Beat The Creme De La Creme In The UFC? - 15 hours, 2 mins ago 11
- He’s Baccckkkk!!! GSP Officially Re-signs With The UFC. - 4 days ago 28
- Phillipe Nover Retires From Mixed Martial Arts After UFC 208 - 4 days ago 21
- Holly Holm Officially Files Appeal To UFC 208 Decision - 5 days ago 28
- Holly Holms Officially Files Appeal To UFC 208 Decision - 5 days ago 25
- UFC Suggesting Fighters and Coaches Purchase Fight Pass Instead of Sending Fight Tapes - 6 days ago 30
- UFC Suggesting Fighters and Coaches Purchase Fight Pass Instead of Sending Them Fight Tapes. - 6 days ago 26
- The Technique Thief: The Move Holly Holm Should Steal From Dominick Cruz - 7 days ago 25
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Jessica Andrade Official For UFC 211 - 8 days ago 27
- Fallout: UFC 208 AKA The Brooklyn Screw Job - 8 days ago 39
- Does Anderson Silva Have Anything Left In The Tank? - 12 days ago 42
- Yoel Romero Pulls A Funny And Trolls Bisping With GoFundMe Page - 13 days ago 39
- Throwback: Georges St-Pierre Trains With Muay Thai Legend John Wayne Parr - 13 days ago 45
- Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos 2 Set For UFC 211 - 14 days ago 49
- Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Anjos 2 Set For UFC 211 - 14 days ago 50
- “Mayhem” Miller Exonerated Of Domestic Abuse Charges - 15 days ago 52
- UFC Fight Night 104 Primer: The Korean Zombie Wreaking Havoc - 19 days ago 56
- Even If It Does Happen, Just What The Hell Can Conor McGregor Do To Beat Floyd Mayweather? - 20 days ago 52
- This Is Why Amanda Nunes Will Beat Valetina Shevchenko…Again - 21 days ago 64
- Fallout: Risk Versus Reward For Shevchenko And Cerrone In Denver - 22 days ago 72
- Bischoff Wasnt Surprised By Lesnars Retirement - 6 days ago 133
- Schiavone Thinks He Got Blacklisted From WWE - 5 days ago 115
- Poffo on Why Andre and Savage Didnt Get Along - 6 days ago 113
- Jarrett TNAs Last Year Was Black Eye On Industry - 3 days ago 109
- Vader Sends Out Ominous Tweet About His Health - 6 days ago 109
- Kurt Angle To Do Some Wrestling For WWE - 5 days ago 107
- Waltman Cena Insisted on Putting Over Wyatt - 5 days ago 104
- WWE Was Not Okay With The Rock Calling CM Punk After RAW - 16 hours, 12 mins ago 90
- Wrestlers React To Ivan Koloffs Passing - 3 days ago 88
- TNA Offers Contract to Magnus for Return - 3 days ago 87
- Nicole Bass Reportedly Passes Away - 5 days ago 82
- Legend Ivan Koloff Passes Away at 74 - 3 days ago 81
Most Popular All Time
- BREAKING NEWS: 2015 Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards - > 1 year ago 6,741
- WRESTLEMANIA 31: DirecTV not offering WrestleMania 31 on pay-per-view - > 1 year ago 4,645
- LUCHA/MAJOR LEAD STORY: Perro Aguayo Jr. dies in ring Friday night (Lucha World) - > 1 year ago 3,947
- LUCHA/MAJOR BREAKING NEWS: Perro Aguayo Jr. dies in ring Friday night - > 1 year ago 3,935
- High Volume Pro Wrestling returns to Kinston, NC on January 23 with Steve Corino, CW Anderson, Ricky Morton - > 1 year ago 3,463
- Backstage News - A Possible Heel Turn For Dean Ambrose?, Details Inside Here - > 1 year ago 3,456
- A New Extremely Sad Photo Of Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan With Roddy Piper Surfaces Online - > 1 year ago 3,231
- Breaking Updates: Jeff Hardy Suffers Serious Injury At Last Night's TNA iMPACT! Tapings - Video Inside - > 1 year ago 2,903
- WWE/THE BELLA TWINS: Bella Twins 9-page spread on Muscle & Fitness Hers magazine - > 1 year ago 2,741
- WRESTLEMANIA 31: DISH not offering WrestleMania 31 on pay-per-view...yet - > 1 year ago 2,651
- Backstage News On Why Jerry Lawler Was Moved To The WWE SmackDown Announce Team - > 1 year ago 2,628
- Local South Jersey wrestling fan Kevin Hogan killed in truck accident this morning - 19 days ago 2,618