– As previously reported, earlier in August, AEW’s Chris Jericho spoke on his Saturday Night Special show that an “NXT reject” was the one who leaked the news of Eric Bischoff appearing on AEW Dynamite, where Bischoff moderated Jericho and Orange Cassidy’s debate. Jericho said AEW knew exactly who leaked the news. Fightful Select has now shared an update on this alleged individual’s identity, who AEW believes leaked the news.
Per the report, Tino Sabbatelli is the person who was blamed for the AEW news being leaked from the TV tapings. Sabbatelli is a former NXT talent and was released from WWE earlier in August. It should be noted that it hasn’t been confirmed that Sabbatelli leaked the information, but he is said to be the person referenced by AEW officials as the source of the leak.
Additionally, Fightful Select reports that Sabbatelli was back training at the WWE Performance Center last week. The wrestler was listed internally on being scheduled for the venue. While, the internal listings often have errors, Sabbatelli was reportedly in attendance at the venue.