UFC officials today announced the bout bout between Alhassan (9-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Price (12-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC).
UFC 228 takes place Sept. 8 at American Airlines Arena in Dallas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass, though the bout order hasn’t been finalized.Alhassan will get a fresh opponent for the first time in more than a year when he steps into the octagon at UFC 228. The 32-year-old is coming off a two-fight series with Sabah Homasi. He won both by stoppage due to strikes, but the first fight at UFC 218 was marred by controversy, so Alhassan left no doubt with a definitive finish in the immediate rematch.Price will make a quick turnaround to fight at UFC 228. The 28-year-old just fought at UFC Fight Night 133 in July, earning a second-round knockout of Randy Brown that came in unprecedented fashion. “Hybrid” landed a series of vicious hammerfists from bottom position to step his opponent and keep his career stoppage rate at a stellar 92 percent.
With the addition, the UFC 228 card now includes:
- Champ Tyron Woodley vs. Darren Till for welterweight title
- Champ Nicco Montano vs. Valentina Shevchenko for women’s flyweight title
- Jessica Andrade vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
- Carla Esparza vs. Tatiana Suarez
- Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Yair Rodriguez
- Cody Stamann vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Charles Byrd vs. Darren Stewart
- Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Niko Price
- John Dodson vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Jim Miller vs. Alex White
- Ryan Benoit vs. Roberto Sanchez
- Frank Camacho vs. Geoff Neal