**SPOILERS** WWE Smackdown 9/3 Minneapolis, MN results (PWTorch.com)
Posted on 9/04/113 by Bob Magee
WWE Smackdown TV taping report
September 3, 2013
In-person Report by Wade Keller, PWTorch editor
Smackdown SPOILERS 9/6
- Smackdown opened with Triple H hosting a Town Hall Meeting with the roster. Triple H: "I didn't fire Cody Rhodes; Cody Rhodes fired himself." Hunter asks any wrestler to speak up and ask questions. Not one of them does. Damien Sandow then hilariously speaks up in support of firing Cody Rhodes.
Kofi Kingston finally stepped up and said, "Everyone fears for their jobs. How is that good for business?" Heath Slater then kissed up to Hunter. Hunter responded: "Thanks, Heath Slater, for emptying the contents of your mind."
Rob Van Dam said when he came back to WWE, he thought things were better. Triple H said he's waited since 2000 for RVD to call him dude. Ryback then said he's tired of being called a bully. So, Hunter booked Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler in a Raw re-match.
Hunter continued that Daniel Bryan's ego is too big to stand on stage "with the rest of you little people." Hunter said Bryan can pick any member of The Shield to wrestle tonight.
Hunter then rewarded Kofi Kingston for being a true leader by giving him a shot against IC champion Curtis Axel. Then, he booked RVD vs. WWE champion Randy Orton, who came out next.
Overall reception to the segment: It's not a rowdy crowd tonight. They laughed at Triple H's one-liners and chanted for Daniel Bryan.
(1) WWE champion Randy Orton pinned Rob Van Dam in 13:00 in a non-title match. Orton won with the RKO.
After the match, World Hvt. champion Alberto Del Rio attacked RVD and applied a cross arm-breaker.
WWE announced Elimination Chamber for Minneapolis in February 2014. That woke up the crowd.
Renee Young interviewed Daniel Bryan backstage. Bryan said he wasn't invited on-stage for the Town Hall Meeting, it wasn't that he thinks he is better than the rest of the roster.
(2) Ryback pinned Dolph Ziggler after U.S. champion Dean Ambrose provided a distraction.
(3) Kofi Kingston beat IC champion Curtis Axel in a non-title match. The crowd was split with a loud battle chant of "Let's Go Kofi" vs. "Let's Go Axel" since Axel is from here. Kofi won with a roll-up because the hometown star loses, of course.
- Backstage, Paul Heyman was interviewed by Renee Young. Renee asked if he is scared of C.M. Punk at Night of Champions. Heyman said he and Curtis Axel will not underestimate him again. Heyman looked frazzled.
(4) Brie Bella vs. Naomi went to a No Contest. Divas champion A.J. Lee led the rest of the Divas to the ring to attack the reality stars, so the match ended in a No Contest. A.J. riled up the locker room earlier in a backstage segment.
(5) The Real Americans beat The Usos. No mic work from Zeb Colter other than the hand-on-heart bit.
- Triple H told Big Show to take out his rage on 3MB tonight.
(6) Big Show manhandled all three members of 3MB and knocked out Heath Slater. Big Show's ring introduction with a combination of tepid and a mixed reaction of boos and cheers.
After the match, Slater was helped to the back by referee Charles Robinson selling a left knee injury. Probably just selling.
Main Event Time. Daniel Bryan easily got the biggest pop of the night. Not deafening, but he is seen as a star by the fans. Seth Rollins was chosen as his opponent.
(7) Daniel Bryan beat Seth Rollins. Lots of "Yes!" and "Let's Go Daniel" chants. Bryan fended off The Shield and then got the pin with a running knee.
Post-match, Randy Orton jumped Bryan as he celebrated. Orton ended Smackdown by holding the belt in the air.
That concluded the Smackdown episode.
After Smackdown ended, GM Vickie Guerrero came out and told Daniel Bryan that she promised everyone a title match. She cackled as Orton waited in the ring and the crowd chanted, "Yes!"
Bonus Main Event: Daniel Bryan beat WWE champion Randy Orton via DQ; Orton retained the WWE Title. At 3:00, Bryan had the Yes! Lock, but The Shield ran in for the DQ. Kofi, RVD, and Ziggler ran out for the save. Orton fleed and Shield took a beating to end the show.