Search Wrestle World
Recent Most Popular
[Results] New Japan “THE NEW BEGINNING IN HIROSHIMA”, 2/9/14
NJPW “THE NEW BEGINNING IN HIROSHIMA”, 2/9/14 (WPW/PPV/iPPV)
Hiroshima Sun Plaza
5,040 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. El Desperado & Jushin Thunder Liger beat Kota Ibushi & BUSHI (8:46) when Desperado used the Guitarra de Angel on BUSHI.
2. Minoru Suzuki beat Tama Tonga (5:32) with a Gotch-style piledriver.
3. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka beat Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba (9:16) when Sakuraba was DQ’d.
4. Special Singles Match: Michael Tarver beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan (9:15) with the 1.9.
5. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Satoshi Kojima (c) beat Big Daddy Yum Yum (11:04) with a lariat (1st defense).
6. Special Tag Match: Tomohiro Ishii & Yujiro Takahashi beat Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma (11:27) when Ishii used a brainbuster on Honma.
7. Special 8 Man Tag Match: Prince Devitt, Bad Luck Fale, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson beat Togi Makabe, Ryusuke Taguchi, KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley (11:28) when Devitt used the Bloody Sunday on Taguchi.
8. Special Tag Match: Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata beat Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI (14:38) when Goto used the Shouten Kai on YOSHI-HASHI.
9. IWGP Tag Team Title: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) beat Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (12:08) when Anderson pinned Smith after the Magic Killer (1st defense).
10. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) beat Shinsuke Nakamura (22:32) with a Dragon suplex hold (1st defense).
* The first of two “NEW BEGINNING” shows was another huge success in what will be a busy year of major shows for New Japan. Every seat was sold out and the same is expected at the Osaka show on Tuesday.
* Hiroshi Tanahashi made it two in a row this year over eternal rival Shinsuke Nakamura, making a successful V1 defense of his IWGP Intercontinental Title in a rematch of the Tokyo Dome main event. For the first time in his career Tanahashi now has more wins than Nakamura in their series and won with his old Dragon suplex hold rather than his favoured High Fly Flow. This was said to be a red hot match that was better than their Tokyo Dome main event. Tanahashi’s air guitar routine to end the show saw him debut a new tune today.
* Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows made a successful V1 defense of the IWGP Tag Team Title over the Killer Elite Squad in the semi final. The Bullet Club team emerged out of nowhere late last year and have quickly become the dominant force in the tag division, getting the better of former champions Archer & Smith repeatedly. They finished off Smith with the Magic Killer to hold on to the belts.
* Ending their rivalry, Goto and Shibata began their tag union with a win over Okada & YOSHI-HASHI today, just before Goto challenges Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Title in Osaka. After some double teaming, Goto dropped YOSHI-HASHI with the Shouten Kai to pick up the win.
* Satoshi Kojima is another who bypassed his first challenger today, successfully defending the NWA World Heavyweight Title against NWA assassin Big Daddy Yum Yum. Kojima won with a lariat but was instantly attacked by Michael Tarver, who had just beaten the other half of TenKoji, Tenzan, in the previous match. So Kojima will defend the belt against Tarver at a future show.
More International Wrestling News