Search Wrestle World
Recent Most Popular
[Results] New Japan “POWER STRUGGLE”, 11/9/13
NJPW “POWER STRUGGLE”, 11/9/13 (WPW/iPPV)
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium
6,400 Fans – Super No Vacancy
0. Yujiro Takahashi, YOSHI-HASHI, Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov beat Manabu Nakanishi, Captain New Japan, KUSHIDA & BUSHI (9:50) when Koslov pinned BUSHI after the Contract Killer.
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson beat TAKA Michinoku & Taichi (c) (9:22) when Matt pinned TAKA after the More Bang For Your Buck to become the 37th champions.
2. Special Singles Match: Katsuyori Shibata beat Tomoaki Honma (9:43) with a Shouten.
3. Special Tag Match: Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba beat Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka (8:08) when Sakuraba used the Sakuraba Lock on Iizuka.
4. IWGP Tag Team Title & NWA World Tag Team Title – 3WAY Irregular Rules Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (c) vs. Rob Conway & Jax Dane
- NWA World Tag Team Title: Rob Conway & Jax Dane beat Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (c) and Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan when Conway used the Ego Trip on Kojima to become the 74th champions.
- IWGP Tag Team Title: Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) and Rob Conway & Jax Dane when Archer used the Killer bomb on Tenzan to become the 63rd champions.
5. Special Tag Match: Togi Makabe & Kota Ibushi beat Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale (11:15) when Ibushi used a Phoenix splash on Devitt.
6. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Tomohiro Ishii (17:38) with the High Fly Flow.
7. NEVER Openweight Title (& IWGP Heavyweight Title shot): Tetsuya Naito (c) beat Masato Tanaka (15:46) with a Stardust press (2nd defense).
8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) beat Minoru Suzuki (19:04) with the Boma Ye (3rd defense).
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) beat Karl Anderson (22:49) with the Rainmaker (6th defense).
* The Young Bucks have made an incredible impact on the junior scene in New Japan and opened the main show by capturing the IWGP Jr. Tag Team Title from TAKA Michinoku & Taichi, who managed just one successful defense in a brief reign. Matt & Nick Jackson had the momentum of winning the Super Jr. Tag League and used that to become the 37th champions with Matt pinning TAKA following their More Bang For Your Buck finisher. The brothers are now 2-crown champion as they also hold Dragon Gate USA’s Open the United Gate Title.
* Both the IWGP Tag and NWA World Tag Team titles were defended in a unique 2/3 Falls Match where the belts were defended over two falls. The first fall saw the NWA team ensure the NWA World Tag Team Title will return home as Conway, for the second time this year, pinned Kojima following his Ego Trip. Having lost the NWA straps, the Killer Elite Squad needed just a few minutes to win back the IWGP Tag Team Title on what was a miserable night for TenKoji, Archer pinning Tenzan following the Killer bomb to leave the veteran tag team without any gold.
* Hiroshi Tanahashi may have backed away from the IWGP Heavyweight Title scene but did his best to steal the show again by avenging his shock G1 loss to Tomohiro Ishii in another blockbuster match. The two put on a spectacular show for the Osaka fans with Ishii’s wonderful year continuing, but the inevitable happened as Tanahashi dropped his High Fly Flow on Ishii for the revenge win.
* Tetsuya Naito retained both his NEVER Openweight Title and 1/4 Tokyo Dome shot at the IWGP Heavyweight Title by defeating founding NEVER champions and the man he took the belt from, Masato Tanaka. A back and forth finish saw Naito survive Tanaka’s Sliding D before hitting his Stardust press for the big win, a Tokyo Dome main event spot in touching distance for the Stardust Genius.
* Shinsuke Nakamura will not be joining Suzuki Gun after defeating the group’s leader Minoru Suzuki in a successful V3 defense of the IWGP Intercontinental Title. Nakamura won with a couple of Boma Yes, but overshadowing the match was the aftermath when Nakamura challenged his great rival Tanahashi to a title match. The two young hopes of New Japan in the dark days have gone separate ways for a while, but Tanahashi appeared and accepted Shinsuke’s challenge and the two will collide at the Tokyo Dome!
* Kazuchika Okada retained his IWGP Heavyweight Title before a packed house in Osaka today, defeating the Bullet Club’s Karl Anderson in the main event. An angry and bitter Anderson was out for blood, feeling bitter that Okada beat him in the 2012 G1 final and believing that his big chance was taken by the Rainmaker that night. The two put on another exciting main event, with Anderson’s Bullet Club colleagues doing their best to give him an advantage with interference. But Okada prevailed, dropping the Machine Gun with a tombstone then hitting the Rainmaker to complete an impressive 6th defense of the belt. Naito appeared after the main event and traded words with Okada, the fans actually booing Naito who is supposed to be the babyface in this feud. Nevertheless, these two will collided in the 1/4 Tokyo Dome main event, Naito’s chance to reach the very top.
More International Wrestling News