Search Wrestle World
Recent Most Popular
[Results] New Japan/ROH “WAR OF THE WORLDS”, 5/17/14 + Nagata retains GHC Heavyweight Title
NJPW/ROH “WAR OF THE WORLDS”, 5/17/14 (iPPV)
New York Hammerstein Ballroom, USA
3,000 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Tommaso Ciampa, Matt Taven & ACH beat Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Takaaki Watanabe (4:30) when Ciampa used the Climax on Watanabe.
2. BJ Whitmer & Roderick Strong beat Jado & Gedo (8:40) when Strong used a Sick kick on Gedo.
3. ROH World TV Title: Jay Lethal (c) beat KUSHIDA (11:40) with the Lethal Injection.
4. IWGP Tag Team Title: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) beat Mark Briscoe & Jay Briscoe (10:40) when Anderson pinned Mark after the Magic Killer (4th defense).
5. Shinsuke Nakamura beat Kevin Steen (12:48) with the Boma Ye.
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Michael Bennett (13:44) with the High Fly Flow.
7. ROH World Tag Team Title: Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly beat Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) (12:47) when O’Reilly used a cross armbreaker on Matt to become the 41st champions.
8. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Adam Cole (c) beat Jushin Thunder Liger (13:14) with a figure-four leglock.
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title – 3WAY Match: AJ Styles (c) beat Michael Elgin & Kazuchika Okada (18:02) with the Styles Clash on Elgin (1st defense).
* New Japan concluded a successful tour of North America with a 3,000 sell out at the famous Hammerstein Ballroom for the biggest of the joint shows with ROH. All New Japan merchandise was sold out within 10 minutes of doors opening according to the OS report.
* AJ Styles overcame the often tricky V1 defense of the IWGP Heavyweight Title despite having an extra hurdle laid out before him. Okada’s original partner had to miss the show, so the previous champion was put in the main event, making it a Style vs. Okada vs. Michael Elgin 3WAY Match. Despite that, the new Bullet Club leader overcame the more difficult odds by dropping Elgin with his Styles Clash for the win. This confirms Styles vs. Okada for the title at New Japan’s big Yokohama Arena show on May 25th.
* Jushin Thunder Liger missed out on the chance to add an umpteenth title to his glorious career when he challenged Adam Cole for the ROH World Heavyweight Title. Liger was very popular with the ROH fans but submitted to a figure-four leglock.
* IWGP Jr. Tag Team Champions, Matt & Nick Jackson, lost their belts today… but not New Japan belts, as they were beaten for the ROH World Tag Team Title by Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly.
* The leading duo of Hiroshi Tanahashi and Shinsuke Nakamura also showcased their skills in victory, as they won singles matches over Michael Bennett and Kevin Steen respectively.
* Anderson & Gallows made a successful V4 defense of their IWGP Tag Team Title against the experienced Briscoe Brothers. It was a tough defense for the Bullet Club tandem, but they isolated Mark Briscoe and finished him off with the Magic Killer to ensure they held on to the belts.
* KUSHIDA challenged Jay Lethal for the ROH World TV Title early in the card, losing an entertaining match after Lethal hit his Lethal Injection for the win.
Pro Wrestling NOAH wrestlers remain unable to win back the GHC Heavyweight Title from Yuji Nagata after the grizzled New Japan veteran made a successful V4 defense of the belt earlier on. His latest challenger was Mohammed Yone and it was a long, grueling match for Nagata but one he still won. He was challenged by NOAH vice president Naomichi Marufuji after the match, a man who has experience against New Japan heavyweights and could be the one to end Nagata’s reign.
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,000 Fans – Super No Vacancy
- GHC Heavyweight Title: Yuji Nagata (c) beat Mohammed Yone (26:26) with a backdrop hold (4th defense).
More International Wrestling News